At the same time, the growing number of consumers who once were afraid to shop online now feels safe. Do a lot more shopping online than ever. And it is - a great opportunity for sites that know how to be a leader. What can the modern Internet shop to stay competitive?
These seven tips will help you become a leader by upgrading your SEO and promotion in 2013:
1. Create interactive, attractive, user-friendly website with minimal loading time
Before we talk about how to stay in first place in the search results, we need to consider how to get the most from a single visitor. This means increasing your conversion coefficient with:
- Attractive website design
- Interactive elements that keep the user from feeling passivity
- "giving site visitors the opportunity to leave a comment or earn points and participate in forum discussions, create groups or “Pinterest "(* add an image and placing it in a thematic collection), use a wiki, and other tools for the development of social structures
- Building a minimum load of the web so that users do not leave it without waiting for a full load
- Removal of clutter on the site, so users are not distracted by trivia
- Removing as many extra steps in the registration process, or making a purchase.
2. Do not forget the Panda
Online store is especially susceptible to updates Panda, as they are directed to the content. In many ways, Panda handles all the network as if it is composed of blogs, video, and content created for entertainment and information. Panda is designed to act on sites that do not solve the problem of users or too accentuated for advertising.
E-commerce sites can suffer because of their commercial nature. They are easy to resemble small affiliate sites and as a result may lose search shows. What Internet shops do to prevent this?
· Each product must contain their own content. This is where a user who generates the content can be particularly useful;
· if you can not create unique content for each product, then it is a good idea to focus on creating a unique and useful content on category pages
· Consider the option of creating a blog on your website. If the search results are moving in the direction of content, it is better to go with this flow than to fight it. This can be a good way of attracting and retaining links customer base.
3. Do not overuse the keywords
If you want the page to take a position on a specific key these days, all that is needed - is to make sure that the page contains information about the key, and the search engine to process a sufficient amount of text. If you insert the key in the title, description, content, alt tag, and you use an excessive amount of links on your page, Google becomes clear that your site is to search engines, but not for users.
Still remains a good idea to use your key or something similar to it in the title of your tag, but beyond that it is generally a good practice to forget all about it, it will not bring any positive effect, and the term "keyword density" is already a thing of the past.
As Google moves away from the links and keywords and sent to the statistics and co-citation, site owners need to focus on providing users with as much useful information as to focus on the use of keys. Search engines are well-filtered data and draw conclusions about the relevance and legitimacy of your pages on your website.
4. Do not go around doing the mobile phones
According to Forbes magazine more than 20% of online shopping takes place through mobile devices. At the same time, the vast majority of online stores are not optimized for use by mobile phones. On such sites are hard to read the information, the buttons are very small, and the users are disappointed.
Forbes estimates that within three years, half of all online purchases made through mobile devices.
In addition, CMS expects that the simple compatibility with mobile devices is not enough. Users expect unique features of their mobile phones, which are more, suited to people unlimited his desk.
The Director-General expects that mobile devices will become an integral part of online shopping in the next year, adding that online shoppers are becoming richer. It is expected that Internet sales will raise to 9% of all trade in the next year, and 60% of the traffic are tablets and phones.
5. Use social networking sites and switch to the type of Pinterest
According to data of social commerce 8 thBridge leading online trading over the past year falls into one of three categories:
1. Those who have found a way to make your site deep social, which involves people and forces them to share information.
2. "Transitional" sites that do well on all social media platforms and using different strategies.
3. Companies that have become popular on social networks and as a result get traffic.
Success in social networks - it's more than just an investment in social publishing. Successful strategies support reviews, and photo sharing community.
Pinterest recently submitted accounts and business tools, making it a promising source of branded expertise and advice in the future. Social Media Examiner recently discussed in detail how to take advantage of these new tools.
The key point of understanding the social network is not to use Facebook, Twitter, Google +, and Pinterest. Yes, you have to take part in these sites, but the key point is that you have to interact with your audience. Also, remember that users access social networks for entertainment and self-expression, rather than to find information or products for purchase. They are most useful as a tool for customer retention, reputation and direct communication rather than direct sales.
6. Be friends with Penguin
Focus on clicks instead of keywords when you get links
use a large number of different types of links
focus on links to sites that have their hand claim
do not get links from sites that exist to provide links
Conquer content marketing
Use top-notch tools
watch your profile links
do not use techniques to create massive links
Use social networks and build relationships that will lead to links
7. Move to the content marketing
We touched on this topic in the second paragraph, but it needs to be mentioned again. Search engines do not want to receive commercial results if they do not own them. They want the content. It may not be what you want to hear, but most people who use search engines looking for the same thing.
Good content - is not only a friendly relationship with the Panda. It also shares a good source of referral traffic, and the competition is much lower for content-oriented terms than commercial. Content is great for building a reputation, long-term relationships with customers, as well as the increase in risk.
Obviously, a good content - it's also a good way to attract links or create links using guest posts and similar content marketing strategy.
While search engines express their disapproval of the commercial content and Amazon gets a huge share of the market, more and more consumers plunged headlong into the Internet commerce than ever. The business, which became the ideological leader of the content, relationships, and knowledge about the future of SEO will break the competition and get more revenue in the coming years.
What do you think about this? Share your opinion.