From time to time, my colleagues from other SEO-companies are asking me to show patterns or examples of audits, which makes our studio . But, first, the pattern as such we do not, because every analysis we do on an individually prescribed plan, and secondly, all audit reports, we are strictly confidential and are not being exposed.
But I am pleased to share a list of basic requirements, which we follow in conducting audits. These principles are intended to make even the most complex audit report as clear as possible to the client and relevant to his expectations. Experience shows that after examining these reports, most customers are almost no additional questions.
Recommendations for conducting audits
A. The audit should be directed at solving specific problems posed by the customer.
The site can be 20 defects, while only 2 of them will deal with the problem that worries the customer. Then it was these two should be devoted to 80% of the report, and only 20% - the rest of the review questions. Items related to the main issue should be placed at the beginning of the report, other recommendations - after them.
For example, if an audit task - to bring the site out of the filter reoptimization in the main body of the report must set out specific reasons pessimizatsii site that you are analyzing, and detailed TOR for the cleaning of perespama pages, rather than advice on the compilation of robots.txt and purchase options .
Two. Serve the information in the form of a specific list of actions, rather than a general description of the error.When you come to the hospital with a temperature of 38.5, you expect that you will register a specific list of drugs, not just the fact will be presented by the virus. From the analysis of sites similar situation. Findings noticed your little problem - the customer is waiting for ready-made solutions.
Description of required actions is best served in a bulleted list, creating proposals in the "imperative" form "is necessary to change the structure of blocks on the main page," "Making the text on the pages of services need to reconsider" ... etc.
Three. Strengthen recommendations with specific examples.If the description of the problem answers the question what to do , then the example must clearly show how to do it.
Samples can be submitted as follows:
- ready-made solutions for the site, which analyze (eg, meta tags ready for key pages)
- screen shots
- links to the pages of sites that have already implemented as it should be done to the client.
4. If possible, offer several ways to solve each problem.And when it comes to mapping and design aspects of the basic content, we can also offer to conduct A / B testing several options, to finally select the optimal solution.
But still a good idea to adapt the proposed solution to the capabilities of CMS, which is built on the site (if you're familiar with the CMS). For example, if you recommend to set up CNC portal running on Joomla, advise ins with which it can be done.
Five. Avoid abstract language.Statements such as "to assume", "know that", "according to the statistics," etc.unacceptable, if you can not refer to the source. In such cases it is better replaced by "according to our experience," "we believe", "from the standpoint of logic," etc.
6. Do not be lazy you arrange your report.It is still a document for which the customer has paid the money. And even if you write out all the details as detailed as possible, but regret the time for normal processing, the mood of the customer will be spoiled.
The basic design for:
- the report should contain the title, purpose, plan, most of the recommendations and your contacts;
- in the main part of the submission of recommendations for a must-use labeling;
- not allowed to use several different types of fonts - if you want something identify better to do this with the size, color or font style (bold, italic, underline)
- better picture framing frames;
- use spell check - errors and typos are unacceptable, unless you want to question their level of competence
- if there is a corporate form - use it.
One last tip - never send a report immediately after you have finished doing it. Better re-read it the next day with a fresh head (preferably in the morning) - it helps to look at work from and correct inaccuracies. Hopefully, your customers, as well as ours, will always be happy.