With 5 GB available for documents and files , either from the Web interface or from the desktop application (much better this) you can use those gigabytes to store whatever you want and have it wherever you are.
Well, just use that you want to give is to use Google Drive to backup WordPress .
What I use to use Google Drive as backup space for our wallets and WordPress database is the Google plugin for WordPress Drive .
The steps are:
- Once you have click " API Access "
- There click the big blue button to connect via oAuth
- In the popup choose an application name and if you give it a logo. Clicking " Next "
- Clicking the button labeled " Create client ID "
- And you have requested IDs, now you just have to paste them into the plugin configuration screen and click the login button
- The following is a screen where Google asks you to confirm that give access to the new application to Google Drive
(05) Configure the settings for backup, defining which folders you want to backup and if you do also backup the database on Google Drive. Also on this screen you can configure scheduled backups , daily, weekly, etc..
(06) Finally, it is good idea to backup first.
Actually, the plugin is simple to use, it takes you longer is to record the console API Google, but once done you dont need to configure more there, just copy and live programming quieter .
The result will be stored in compressed ZIP folder to your choice of Google Drive.