Long been looking for something like this, a tool to unify a bunch of customizations when WordPress installations deliver clients or projects.
And there are many plugins (perhaps too many) to customize settings and options of WordPress but I finally found one that brings together the best of the best .
I'm talking about WP Helpers , a marvel of plugin, forced into any WordPress installation in which there is more than one user, even for a single user, who becomes the mother of tweaking WordPress .
The customization options that offer are almost endless, including many tricks that we have seen here in WordPress Help , namely:
- Control your WordPress admin bar, including the text " Hello ".
- Show IDs in pages of posts, pages, categories, tags, users, media, custom entry types and custom taxonomies.
- Disable the change of subject.
- Remove the tab "Display Options"
- Disable update notices WordPress, themes and plugins (individually).
- Put the site in maintenance mode.
- Hide Desktop widgets.
- Define columns default desktop.
- Show a warning to users, either in the admin area or on the same site.
- Set the default post editor (Visual or HTML)
- Completely disable the visual editor.
- Increase the height of the box when you write an entry Extract.
- Turn off autosave.
- Number of entries in the page editor.
- Set the length of extracts by characters or words.
- Remove the prefixes "Private" and "Protected" in the titles.
- Disable RSS feeds.
- Add images highlights the RSS feed.
- Include or exclude input types in the form.
- Disable XML-RPC (in WordPress 3.5 or higher)
- Do not allow comments on pages.
- Remove the self-linked in the comments.
- Turn off auto-ping.
- Improvements in classes "Body / post" browser detection, taxonomies (including hierarchical levels), date of entry, entry miniature, author information, registered users, multisite, extracts, etc..
- Remove some or all default WordPress widgets.
- Execute shortcodes in widgets.
- Remove from the header of a WordPress theme version, link to the feed, link RSD, and relational links "wlwmanifest" for entries related to the current.
- Remove the option of desktop color schemes of user profiles.
- Remove the boxes to profiles AIM, Yahoo IM, Jabber / Google Talk
The plugin is free, and the only requirement is that you first install another plugin , piklist , nor ask bread, otherwise it's a blast.