But sometimes it seems a little too " pileup "if you just want to blog. Well this is the idea that we proposed John O'Nolan, a guy majete they come.
And this young man, who has been boss of the user interface section of WordPress as well as developer and blogger for Microsoft, Nokia and not few sites, one day he thought about making a " fork "of WordPress that you will remove all CMS chicha and leave it as pure and simple platform for bloggers .
Do what is doing has not done anything yet, but we are encouraged to get down to work with this beautiful idea , and get the long teeth made some sketches of how cute graphics that might be the bug ... and has convinced me .
simple concept and blogger, namely:
- Facing writing
- Desktop adaptable, minimalist and customizable, in simple and clear blocks.
- Managing entries as in the iPad mail application, where you have everything at hand directly, just click, and fully WYSIWYG
- Simple post editor to rage, to add dual screen formats, images, whatever small codes by type "here's a picture" and there you can insert it directly without having to find buttons to do elsewhere.
- Remove unnecessary adjustments.
- Without native comments system, if you want to add your either with a plugin like Disqus, Intense Debate or adding WordPress corresponding function (if it will be a WordPress, it does not change).
- No learning curve since being a fork of WordPress everything runs on WordPress work on Ghost
- Limited backwards compatibility. So, you can install plugins and themes WordPress normal but only if they are fully compatible with the current version, to avoid having to deal with obsolete codes.
- Less plugins, but to the point that if we consider that a plugin should go in the basic installation code is added to the "core" and herding.
- Totally free and open, like the Mozilla project, without the intervention of any company, even Automattic.